Welcome!

I am writing this blog as a means to express what I am feeling during what is the most frustrating and unsettling time of my life. If you are reading then you may be experiencing a similar situation, or know someone who is going through the same. I hope to regularly update and blog what is going on, until the day I finally get my sons what they deserve, a happy and normal relationship with both parents.

Please read the post "the story so far" it will explain whats going on. Thank you.

Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook

Email me: analienateddad@hotmail.co.uk

Friday 14 October 2011

The "final" chapter?

It's 6 months ago to this day that I last wrote on this blog. I don't know why I stopped; perhaps it was the fear of it turning into a rant, something that CAFCASS said that it was, although I and others never thought so.

Anyway, yesterday I appeared in court once again. This time things were finally in my favour. All sanctions placed on me have been lifted, I am now able to see my two boys unsupervised. I am delighted, as are my friends and family, without whom I am not sure whether I would have ever finished this blog.

I remember being asked at the beginning of all this what I would change about my behaviour to ensure that CAFCASS could recommend to the court that I was suitable to look after my children unsupervised. I answered that I couldn't change anything as I have never actually done anything wrong. I haven't changed. I am still the same loving Dad capable of looking after my children as I have ever been.

I am now making plans with my boys. They are happy and cant wait to be with me for normal things that they and I have missed out on.

I don't know if I will ever write here again. The process of writing this blog has been cathartic. The process of having to prove myself has been horrific in every way imaginable. I sincerely hope that what has happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else, sadly it will. The cost in so many ways is huge. The system so many find themselves in is not fair, it is dire. It doesn't treat each parent equally although it will always profess to do so.

I have achieved my aim; To have a normal and happy relationship with my two boys.

1 comment:

  1. I know what your going thru, and soon I may see the light at the end of the tunnel. My children are 8 and 9 after an agreement to see them every summer and holiday I let them go to Tenessee with mom. Later that year I called for arrangements for the summer grandma told me she had custody. They played the old switcha roo. G ma told the judge I was un Known. Imagine that. They refuse to allow me to see them. On feb 3rd I ask for a hearing. You see mom lives at gmas, house. They just have refused to set up a time to pick them up by telling me they will just hide with them. I hope all goes well with your case! I dream of this obvious problem of alienation to our children. The quesion is does a judge see it that way? I hope and pray it is so.

    ReplyDelete